Ericom Software Announces Support for Microsoft RemoteFX
Ericom PowerTerm WebConnect takes VDI and session-based desktop deployments, management, and end-user experiences to a new level
Closter, NJ, (April 6, 2011) - Ericom Software, a leading global provider of Application Access and Virtualization solutions, announces support for RemoteFX end-user enhancements in its flagship access management solution, PowerTerm WebConnect, on the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 platforms.
Users implementing PowerTerm WebConnect gain two significant capabilities: enhanced management for VDI and session-based desktop environments and a superior end-user-experience over LAN, WAN, WIFI, GPRS and other networks.
“We’re delighted that Microsoft has added RemoteFX to Service Pack 1 of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.” said Eran Heyman, Ericom Software’s CEO. “Microsoft RemoteFX brings a rich, native PC-like experience to PowerTerm WebConnect’s LAN-based users; PowerTerm WebConnect enhances the Microsoft platform with centralized management capabilities, making it a perfect technological complement to Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.”
PowerTerm WebConnect is a Microsoft certified product for Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Hyper-V, and will also:
- Support Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Enable sys admins to centrally deploy the RDP 7.1 client to supported end-user devices
- Enhance virtual desktop management for Hyper-V (including Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 SP1) and System Center Virtual Machine Manager with the following features: dynamic desktop pools that automatically grow and shrink based on demand, management of library of image configurations, and limiting access by location, date and time
- Support mixed RD Session Host farms comprising of previous and current versions of Windows Server including Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2008 R2 SP1
- Tightly integrate with Microsoft App-V; enhancing the application virtualization and streaming solution with two-factor authentication, desktop integration with remote clients, centralized management, usage reporting and remote support
“With Dynamic Memory and RemoteFX in Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 and Windows 7 SP1, Microsoft is delivering two great virtualization capabilities to customers who want to benefit from increased server density for hosted desktops and applications in the data center, without sacrificing a premium user experience for their connected workers”, said Manlio Vecchiet, Director of Windows Server Product Management at Microsoft Corp. “By enhancing the Microsoft platform for VDI and session virtualization environments, companies such as Ericom Software offer our customers increased deployment flexibility on their path to a centrally managed desktop infrastructure.”
Ericom Software is a leading global provider of Application Access and Virtualization Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise mission-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft® Windows® Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, legacy hosts and other systems. With offices in the US, UK, EMEA, India and China, Ericom also has an extensive worldwide network of distributors and partners. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 8 million users. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit: http://www.ericom.com
Ericom US Contact